Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hoping While Waiting






Waiting is always hard . . . especially when I'm waiting on God to do a work in my heart.  And I know it's something He wants to do.  And I know it's something He needs to do.  It's easy to want to take matters into my own hands and make something happen.

But I can't change my heart.  I can memorize all the verses in the world and pray for hours  and read 20 books on the subject.  But unless God reaches down and does a work in my heart, I am unchanged. 

I can wait for the God who said I would find I I sought and that He would open the door if I knocked.  And in the meantime . . . I will just trust His Word.


I wait for the Lord
My soul waits.
And in His Word
I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
More than watchmen wait for the morning.
Put your hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord
Os unfailing love.
And with Him
Is full redemption
He Himself (!!) will redeem me
From all my sins.

Psalm 130:5-8


No comments:

Post a Comment