Monday, June 25, 2012

Seeking and Finding



Sometimes things are dark.  I'm seeking.  I'm seeking.  And the thought will come in to my brain, "What if all this is for nothing.  What if nothing ever changes in my heart?"  My heart can remain so cold.  There is so little of me that responds to Him at all in these new places where He's moving me.

I was there today.  Standing on the outside of myself, observing, wondering.  Before I took the desperate plunge into discouragement and despair, this truth to believe burst into my world:

I have not said to you, 'Seek Me!' in vain.
I the Lord speak the truth.
I declare what is right.
Isaiah 45:19

This seeking is not in vain.  Based on the trustworthiness of the one who said:

You will seek me and find me 
when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

I can continue to seek.  I can continue to press into new ways of knowing Him, new ways of surrendering, new ways of trusting Him.  Because He has said it's not in vain.  When I seek, I will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment